Why doesn't your template match the sheet labels I purchased from you?
Our label templates have been designed specifically for our sheet labels and should work without hassle. If you notice that your labels are misaligned the most likely cause is the shifting that occurs as the label goes through your printer. This shifting alignment issue happens during the mechanical process of printing and is unfortunately unavoidable, but we can minimize it to ensure a good print.
There are a few steps you can take to make sure your template has been set up correctly to print your labels:
- Confirm that your labels are loaded into your printer correctly using the registration
- Print the short edge of the label first
- If available use the bypass tray on your printer to create a path of least resistance
- Make sure that your artwork has been set up with a safe zone and bleed to help account for any shifting during printing
- (Optional) See our printing tips page for more detailed directions
If the shifting that occurs during printing is so bad that none of these tips help to center your label you may need to manually adjust for your printers offset. This will require you to rework the template to compensate for your printer's shift. As an example, if your printer prints 1/8th of an inch to the left of the page center you will want to move your template 1/8th of an inch to the left to compensate. You can contact us for more information on how to alter your label template
If the template seems to have been produced incorrectly (clearly the wrong size or shape or layout) please contact us and we will supply you with the correct template and update the downloadable file on our website.